The 2014-2015 program year started with 9 Bay Area Schools, 2 arcs (linked and visualized below) and one vision--to support educators to build their creative confidence and deepen their design thinking practice.
Click into the map below to see a map and list of the d.home team schools for the 2014-2015 school year.
Arc 1 // Deepening Your Design Thinking Mindsets: Arc 1 experiences took place at the d.school and were designed to be experiential opportunities to learn more about techniques of design thinking and design-based curriculum as well create moments for participants to develop new insights into the mindsets that design thinkers embody.
Arc 2 // Deep Action Learning at School Sites: Arc 2 experiences took place at school sites and were designed to give participants the chance to hone their design thinking practice by applying their skills and mindsets to a real and relevant challenge at their school.
6 areas of support that schools need to go deeper with design thinking:
- Context on why design thinking matters
- Scaffolding and coaching for integrating design thinking in curriculum
- Support to seek and define a challenge at school
- Design challenge implementation kit
- Design thinking experts on call
- Leadership and change management strategies